Image Map

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Spark Student Motivation Saturday...Periscope

Hey y'all! I hope you are having the best Easter weekend! I've eaten way too many peeps! Oh well..

I am linking up with Head Over Heels For Teaching for her Saturday edition of "Spark Student Motivation". This summer we all jumped on a shiny new app, Periscope! Isn't it great??? Although I have a blog periscope account, I never scope on it. It's just so hard to turn the camera on me and hit RECORD! I know that I need to give it a few more tries. It's just not my thing!...I don't turn the camera around on me for my blog scope, but I scope my classroom ALL the time! The parents love getting a live look into our day. 

Do you want to give it a try??...
First, go to twitter and set up an account for your classroom.
Next, download the Periscope app. It's FREE!

Then, send home this parent note home. It explains what periscope is, how to get it, and permission slip to record the children. Just A Primary Girl has the parent permission freebie in her "Back to School Forms Bundle. You can access it by downloading the preview!

 
Last, press record. When recording, make sure you tap the lock so your followers will be the only ones viewing. If you don't press it, the whole world can see ya! 

Ideas to Periscope: 
*Student of the week/month
*Show and Tell
*Parent readers
*STEM activities
*Field Trips
*Playground
*Brain Breaks
*Birthdays
The ideas can go on..and on..and on..

I hope you enjoy Periscope as much as I do!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! It's a cool idea. I was a coordinator of the workshop dedicated to the motivation and inner power. It was extra interesting and informative! By the way, I regularly launch different online workshops and seminars. The latest one was dedicated to the useful study resources. I shared the website, where an average student can get a plagiarism free essay paper to order or get information about exchange programs, etc. It's important for me as I want to help students, who really need help from the qualified person! Let's get in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a very cool idea, because it will help develop students' creative skills and they will surely like this task. I would also like that at my university there were the same tasks, otherwise it starts to seem to me that I'm only doing what I'm writing. I'm so tired of this that I'm just using thesis writing service cuz it really helps me a lot!

    ReplyDelete