Image Map

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas Around The World

Happy Christmas Eve, Friends! Later on tonight, I am going to my husband's parents home to exchange gifts. Before I go, I thought I would drop by and blog a little about the things my students learned in our Christmas Around The World unit.



Kwanzaa-We make handprint kinaras. 

Hanukkah- The kids made paper dreidels. I wish I could have gotten them a real one. I've got to put that on my to do list for next year!


Italy-LeBefana the good witch was my favorite tradition to talk about. I had not heard of her until I did this study last year. Where had I been??? 

Germany-Pickel in a tree-My kids laughed and thought it was funny. They couldn't imagine why someone would hang a pickle in a tree. I explained to them that the child who found it received an extra gift. Then they all wanted their parents to hang pickles on their trees at home....silly kids!


Mexico- I love the story of the poinsettia. I've always loved that Christmas flower!

The last day of school, I read The Candy Cane. This book is wonderful! 



I hope that your family has a Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. I have not read The Candy Cane book; I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the recommendation! Enjoy your time off.

    Amanda
    A Very Curious Class

    ReplyDelete