Image Map

Sunday, August 9, 2015

I Survived Day 1, Day 2, & Day 3!!

Well, 3 days down, 177 to go!  Just kidding!! So far (knock on wood) my new school year has been fabulous! Since I'm an inclusion classroom teacher, my class number is low. My role began with 17 students...Insert clapping...THEN, two students moved away and another one is being home schooled. That's right friends, I have 14 students in my room. Yep, you read that correctly...F.O.U.R.T.E.E.N... I am celebrating that small number as long as I can because I know I will get the next couple of students who register for first grade.  

My boys were so excited to begin school. My oldest is in fourth grade and my youngest is in third grade. 
I have a new assistant this year. She recently graduated college so she still has a ton of energy and lots of great ideas! I am sooooo blessed to have her!!

We began our day reading this book. Isn't it great??? I have never had a student who didn't love it!

Before we read the book, I asked my students what "Jitters" were. I loved their responses!

After reading the book, we drank jitter juice. Since some liked it and others didn't, we had to make a graph. I totally forgot to take a pic of it!!
 Later on that day, we discussed all the rules. I made sure to include rules for the classroom, cafeteria, playground, and bus. Afterwards, they watched "No David" on youtube. When David would break a rule I had previously talked about, they told on him. It was too cute!!



We read one of my favorites, Chrysanthemum. It's one of the best books I've used to teach feelings to my students. If you have any favorites, please comment below. I will be sure to check them out! :)
  
The students put a linking cube on each vowel. It was a great way to observe whether or not the students knew what vowels were. I'd seen pics of this in the past but never planned it until this year. It was a great activity!
Of course, you have to do the big heart when you read Chrysanthemem!

We ended the week with reading Pete the Cat. Pete is so much fun! I did not give tracers for this activity. I wanted to see how well the students followed directions. I tell ya, they did the best job! I was soooo proud!!

They had just enough time to end the day with a graph.

This has been one of the easiest Back To School weeks I've ever had. I hope that your first week back goes/went just as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment