Image Map

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Short Week of Dr. Seuss

This is my favorite Dr. Seuss quote! Since we had two snow days, my kiddos only had three days of Dr. Seuss fun.
 Monday-Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss! We began our day by reading The Cat In The Hat.  Monday was all about the cat!
 I got this awesome packet from 1st Grade Hip Hip Horray! You can find it on her TPT here.
 Thumb print cats are great! I found the original here.


Tuesday- More cat love! We read The Cat In The Hat Comes Back. My students dressed up as Thing 1 and Thing 2.
You gotta have a craft to go with almost everything in 1st grade. Right???

I found this cute hand print here.
Students loved One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish!
Original is here.
Wednesday-We dressed for Wacky Wednesday. Bad weather was coming in so the students assumed we would be out the next two days for snow and next week will be spring break and it's been a while since they've been able to go out and play. ALL of that combined truly made us have a crazy Wacky Wednesday!!...That afternoon, I ran into a gas station. Everyone kept glancing at me. After wondering for a minute what the deal was, I realized I was still dressed wacky! Oh well, life of a teacher.
 





















































After reading The Lorax, my firsties wrote about how they would save the truffula trees. At the end of the day, we watched the movie.
Sheewww!! We got a lot of stuff done in a short amount of time!
Enjoy your weekend!!




No comments:

Post a Comment