Miss Nelson's Got the Camera. Here's a sneak peek of my room. I will add more photos later.
|I need to place the clock in the middle of the posters.|
|Spelling Word List|
|Each class received a new rug. It's colorful!|
|I do calendar math online. This is just a tool for writing the date.|
|Core Standards and Anchor Charts|
|Students will turn in work here.|
The Frizz In First Grade nominated my blog for the Liebster Award! I love her blog. Click on the link to check it out!
My 11 questions:
1. What is your blogging goal? This school year, I want to blog regularly. I hop around blogs regularly but don't blog on my own enough.
2. What is the silliest thing you have done while teaching? One year when I was teaching kindergarten, I numbered the Easter eggs from 1-18. What was I thinking?? It took FOREVER!!
3. Are you a bring your lunchbox teacher or eat a school lunch gal? Our sweet schoool PTO gave each teacher a lunchbox. I plan on taking my lunch in it on the days I don't order a baked potato from the cafeteria.
4. Who was your favorite teacher in school and why? Ms. Diane Tate-Ms. Tate was our 7th grade science teacher. She was ALWAYS nice! She had (and still has) a way of making everyone feel special. I still remember her each year on her birthday! Surprisingly, she was our motivational speaker at the end of professional development yesterday.
5. What is your favorite book? Twilight Series
6. What is the most influential professional development book you've read? The fish book-I can't remember the real name of it but it's about always having a positive outlook on things even if you are working with stinky fish!
7. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Dance-I have NO rhythm! Haha!!
8. You have ten minutes to kill, what will you do? SLEEP-Recently, I've been having pregnancy insomnia!
9. What is one word of advice for a first year teacher? Ask-Ask for help when you need it!
10. Is there any grade you would not teach? Why? I would not want to teach anything after 4th. I'm better with the little kiddos.
To accept the nomination you must:
1. Link back to the blog that nominated you
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees
6. Contact your nominees and let them know you nominated them
11 Random facts about me!
1. I'm pregnant with our third boy!
2. This is my 11th year teaching in the same school.
3. My favorite color is pink.
4. I LOVE ragdoll cats!!
5. I like thunderstorms.
6. I'm addicted to pinterest!
7. I don't want to live to be really old.
8. I don't like Japanese food. Yuck!
9. Now that I'm pregnant, I miss jogging!
10. I've been thinking about buying a van!
11. I love being a teacher!
The five nominees are:
All The Dots
First Grade By The Sea
Cute Classroom Creations
11 Questions for the Nominees
1. How long have you taught at your school?
2. Do you have any pets?
3. Do you use Daily Five in your class?
4. What is your favorite color?
5. Where did you go on your honeymoon?
6. Do you drive a car, truck, van, or SUV?
7. Do you bite your finger nails?
8. Do you like to use pinterest?
9. Does your classroom have a theme?
10. Are you afraid of heights?
11. What job would you have if you were not a teacher?
On your mark, get set, GO!