Image Map

Friday, June 6, 2014

Five for Friday Summer Style

This week is our first week of summer break! Since my church had Vacation Bible School every morning, I haven't truly started my break. I look forward to sleeping late tomorrow for the first time! Well, until my six month old decides it's time for mommy to get up!
http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/
One-My little boy celebrated his 7th birthday party at the spray park. It was fun!
Two-As mentioned above, we had VBS for the children at our church. I taught 13 first grade boys. Students and teachers had fun!
Three-I requested to have our reading loft torn down since it's creaky. Honestly, last year it was "The catch all". It's bitter sweet because each year on meet the teacher night, my old students come back just to play in the reading loft. It's like a tradition. 
 Four-I am attending a LETRS training on Thursday and Friday. I have to do an online training before attending the workshop.  I heard from a coworker that the training is 20 hours! I received my registration information today so I just signed up.  Guess I better get busy!
Five-Last but not least, today is day 8 of my summer break!

Link up and tell us about your week at Doodle Bugs Teaching!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I have been trying to contact you. You won a giveaway of mine. Please contact me at lessonplandiva@gmail.com Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a looping teacher too, but this year will be the first year in a LONG time that I'm actually staying in 5th grade. Sometimes I'm a 2 year loop...sometimes a 3 year. I'm actually pretty excited to stay in the same grade for once. Your loft sounds so fun...sorry it has to come down!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete